Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thrifty Magazine Rack Makeover

I was recently able to make a very thrifty makeover. I was looking for something to hold our library books so that the kids have easy access to them. I wanted it to be functional, but to look nice, too.

I found this magazine rack at a local thrift store for $2.00! Even the sales clerk was shocked at the steal I got. It is solid wood, but the color wasn't going to work for me. I had a free paint sample at home just waiting to be used (the recent Glidden giveaway that is unfortunatly now closed, but how many of us have extra paint sitting around!). I lightly sanded the wood and gave it two
coats of green paint. I added some little felt stickers to the bottom so that it can slide on the wood floor. We think it makes a wonderful temporary home for our library finds!

What thrifty things do you have to share? You can find guidelines on how to participate here.
-Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment