Monday, July 26, 2010

Stuffed Banana Peppers









We have picked lots of banana peppers from our garden this year. I really didn't know what to do with all of them. I frozen some for pizza toppings, gave some away, and we have tried to eat the rest. I have been making stuffed banana peppers. You could change the recipe as you like.





Stuffed Banana Peppers





8 Banana Peppers - free from the garden


1/2 c. Sour Cream - $.10 (using a sale and coupon)


1/2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese - $.90





Make a slice all the way down the length of the pepper. Remove all seeds. Mix cheese and sour cream together and stuff into pepper. Bake on 350 degrees for approx. 15 minutes.

Approx. $1





I am going to try to freeze some peppers that are ready to stuff, so that we can unthaw, stuff, and bake them sometime this fall.


Happy Menu Plan Monday!

This post is linked to $5 Dinners.


-Robin


2 comments:

  1. I love banana peppers, and we can't get enough in our house. Have you ever thought of pickling them and canning them? IF you use 1/2 pint jars we find that is just right to use up once opened, but really we could probably eat a quart jar in a week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm new to canning, but recently canned some blueberry jam. It went well. I'm big on freezing! I am reading through a book that I got from the library on preserving food at home. I might give it a try. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete