Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Being Prepared For The Flu

So far, we have avoided the dreaded flu. My kids have contracted other minor viruses, but nothing too severe. I have formed a plan of action that will hopefully hold it at bay. The law of averages in my life have shown that, if I am prepared for the worst, it usually doesn't happen. It is when I'm not ready that disaster seems to strike.

I am making an effort to keep the elements of the BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) diet on hand now in case we pick up a bug this season. I am prepared to make toast to tame upset tummies, have apple juice for reluctant drinkers who need to stay hydrated, natural applesauce and bananas for easy snacks.

I am hoping that we can stay healthy, but I am glad to know that these items, along with keeping the medications we will need on hand, will make it easier if we do become ill. During the start of this busy season, not having to run to the store for supplies with a sick child Works For Me.

-Julie

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I've made sure I'm stocked up on ibuprofen and cough medicine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I completely agree, there's nothing worse than having to drag a sick kid out to get them some liquids or something they can eat. :(

    http://crispy-not-crunchy.blogspot.com/2009/11/wfmw-entertaining-tip.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips! Better to plan than to panic.

    ReplyDelete