Monday, September 14, 2009

Coconut-Pecan Frosting


I shared last week that I was grateful for another birthday. This week, I want to give you my grandmother’s recipe for the coconut-pecan frosting on the cake that my husband made for my sister and I this year. The cake was wonderful!


Coconut-Pecan Frosting
1 c. evaporated milk
1 c. sugar
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
¼ lb. of butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1- 1/3 cups coconut
1 c. chopped pecans


Combine milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter or margarine, and vanilla in a saucepan. Boil over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Add coconut and pecans and beat until cool and of spreading consistency.

You will love this great Menu Plan Monday frosting!!

-Robin
Join us this week for Thrifty Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I've only made coconut-pecan frosting once, but I was thinking about it just yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete