Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thrifty Thursday- Economical Pizza Sauce



I have been using the Super Baby Food book since my first child was four months old. We went through the entire baby food making process and now I use it for the great recipes in the back of the book. One of my favorite recipes is for pizza sauce.

Pizza Seasoning

2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon onion powder
¾ teaspoon of garlic powder

Add about a teaspoon of this mixture to each cup of the pizza sauce recipe below.

Economical Pizza Sauce

Mix a 15-ounce can of tomato sauce with a 5-ounce can of tomato paste and add flavorings above.
I love this recipe. It is super cheap compared to premade sauces and it is very easy to make. I use the sauce on our homemade pizzas. With cheese and toppings included, my guess is that we make a large pizza for under $2. Even if you use a premade crust, try this pizza sauce. It is very tasty!

A special thanks to Ruth Yaron, the author of Super Baby Food, who gave me permission to use this recipe on our blog.

-Robin
What thrifty idea can you share today for Thrifty Thursday? Add them below! Details on how to participate can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment