Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thrifty Thursday - Simple Art Project

Welcome to our first Thrifty Thursday! Join us here each week to see our favorite "thrifty" ideas and please play along on your own blog and link with us!

I do consider myself to be quite thrifty when it comes to children's art. I like to use things around the house when it comes to our creative time. I recently brought the kids some of my husband's coffee filters. We pulled out some craft sticks and other various "bits" and created some beautiful butterflies! They chose to color some of the filters, and others were left plain. They were crumpled and glued to the back of the craft sticks. Then, they were "accessorized" with google eyes, pom poms and whatever else struck them that day.

A very fun craft for pennies! I hope you can make some of these with your creative kids!

-Julie

What can you share with us for Thrifty Thursday? Link your blog posts below. Guidelines can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment