Summer is grilling time at our house! My husband is the "Grill Master" here and offered to share some of his favorite tips for Menu Plan Monday!
- When making burgers, keep them thin, but compact.
- If you have multiple levels on your grill, cook burgers on the top, moving them to the bottom just to finish them off and create beautiful grill marks.
- For steaks, do the opposite. Begin a steak on the bottom to sear it, then move it to the top to finish.
- With chicken, we usually use barbecue sauce. He marinates the chicken in the sauce and then begins to grill. With new sauce, he adds a second coat to get a nice carmelized coating on the chicken toward the end of grilling.
- One of our grill favorites is corn! Peel back the husk and remove the silk. Pull the husk back up and soak it in the sink filled with water for an hour. Place it on the grill for a wonderful new flavor!
- We also cook lots of veggies - squash, zucchini, eggplant, etc. - on the grill. We got a grill "cage" at our local store and have found this to be the easiest way to keep them under control and to flip them all at once.
If you have any favorite grilling tips, please share!!
Please join us on Thursday for Thrifty Thursday! Link your thrifty ideas here and share with everyone!