Wednesday, July 15, 2009

First Aid Kit For Your Vehicle

With active, accident-prone children, we've learned the importance of a "mobile" first aid kit. I always have a few bandages in my purse, but we also have a more extensive kit in our vehicle.

We began with this little kit from our local drugstore. There were multiple sizes of bandages and miscellaneous supplies. We have since tailored it more for our family.

Our kit contains:
- various sizes of bandages
- a small bottle of sanitizer
- a small tube of antibiotic ointment
- plastic gloves
- larger sterile pads and tape
- a roll of gauze
- tweezers
- a sling
- an instant ice pack

We believe its important to be prepared and there have been countless times at sporting events and at the park where we've been able to come to the aid of another family's child. It definitely Works For Me.

-Julie

We hope you will join us later this week for our new feature: Thrifty Thursday! Link up your blog posts sharing your best thrifty ideas!

3 comments:

  1. What a great list. You definitely listed some items I need to include. I just sent two of my boys to soccer camp with two individual first aid kits. I figured one would definitely need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to find a small container and do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought of an instant ice pack, I need to poke one of these into ours! Thanks for the idea =)

    ReplyDelete