Thursday, June 25, 2009

Buy Next Year's Clothes Post Season

Being the self-proclaimed “frugal” mom that I am, I live up to my name every year when I buy clothes on sale post-season. I just buy whatever size my kids will be wearing the next year. This is a little tricky for babies, so I wouldn’t recommend it for less than 2 years old. It is hard to estimate what size infants will be wearing. My daughter is 2 ½ years old, which makes buying next year’s sizes more predictable.

Last year, we scored lots of great deals the day after Christmas! My mom and I went to
Belk and got great deals on Christmas dresses and winter clothes for the girls. Now, our girls have some new and affordable clothes to wear this winter.

I have always wondered why more moms don’t take advantage of post season sales and buy next year’s clothes. Many moms may not have room to store extra clothes. We have combatted this by putting the clothes on hangers and pushing them to the back of the closet until the seasons change.

I always look forward to the changing of seasons so that I can uncover last year’s purchases and remember all of the bargains that I got! If you buy a few pieces of clothes for your child at the post season sale, it will make a big difference in your clothing budget.

-Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment