Saturday, July 31, 2010

Clipping for College Week One



Week One of Clipping for College went well! It is my goal to keep track of all the money I save using coupons and apply it to my children's college fund. This week I used $83.02 in coupons.

At the grocery store I saved $26.03

At the drugstore I saved $56.99.

I know the drugstore number will always be inflated. The drugstore has great deals for me to stock up on items we use. Most of these items turn out to be completely free. I would not normally shop at the drugstore and pay full price for anything because the prices are so high. We do save alot of money with sales and coupons at the drugstore and sometimes I can snag a "moneymaker."

Pictured above is our wonderful dog Roscoe. We usually feed him Pedigree. A few weeks ago, I saw on one of my favorite coupon blogs Hip2Save that I could get a free bag of dog food, so I signed up. I received a coupon in the mail for a free bag of dog food. When I got to the super fancy dog store to redeem the coupon, I found that it was for a bag of dog food valued at $17.25! Wow.... and our dog had been eating Pedigree that I bought on sale with a coupon. Score!

I did not count the dog food in my Clipping for College total because I would not have paid that much for dog food, but I am super happy to have the great freebie! Who knows, if he likes it, I might find a way to get the "high dollar" dog food a little cheaper!

Leave a comment if you are interested in Clipping for College.

-Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment