Monday, July 12, 2010

Fresh Tomato Salsa with Banana Peppers













As our garden tomatoes start to come in, I'm trying to think of some new ways to use our produce. I had never made salsa before, so I've been excited to try. I picked a banana pepper, cilantro, and tomatoes from our garden and got started. Here is what I came up with after using a few recipes as guides.

Fresh Tomato Salsa with Banana Peppers

4 beefsteak tomatoes
1 small vidalia onion
1 banana pepper (I took most of the seeds out)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lime concentrate (you could use lemon concentrate)
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of cumin


Add all ingredients to blender. Pulse until desired consistency.

Serve with your favorite chips and guacamole.

The salsa was yummy! I used whole tomatoes. For a thicker consistency, you could deseed the tomatoes (freeze the insides to throw into soup later).

For more great recipes go to Menu Plan Monday!

-Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment