Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Publix Penny Item







Week 1 Day 4 of the ALL YOU Grocery Challenge




Publix is my favorite grocery store, especially on Wednesday! Every Wednesday, our local Publix has an item that they have on sale for a penny! Usually, the penny item is their brand of an item. Recently, the penny items have included cheese, toilet paper, juice, glass cleaner, and pasta sauce. Each week there is a coupon somewhere in the middle of the Wednesday paper. If you take the coupon to Publix on Wednesday, then you can get the mystery penny item. I usually cheat and find out what it is before I go in... Southern Savers posts it every week. The only catch is that you have to buy $10 in groceries before coupons.




Awesome! Any item you can get for a penny is great. Even if I know I won't use the item, I pick it up and put it in my box to donate.




Today's penny item was apple juice.




Total: $19.54




Saved: $13.85




Spent: $5.69




-Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment