Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Grateful For Apple Season!

Here in the Midwest, the apple orchards are filled with fun family activities and loads of apples ready to be picked. We are super excited because our favorite variety, Honeycrisp, just became available! Apples were a bit late here due to our unusually cool summer, but we are happy to help harvest them now!

Heading out to several local orchards is one of my favorite fall activites. I love the joy of choosing the perfect apples together. I love to watch my kids try to carry our haul to be weighed, each of us guessing what the total will be. I love the fresh donuts and cider available in the little shops. And, we have become huge fans of corn mazes. We have two on our list this year and we're just waiting for a rain-free weekend to tackle them. Of course, the best benefit is the huge supply of fresh apples that grace our home for weeks after our visits.

I am always grateful for opportunities to make wonderful memories with my family, and apple season is one of our favorite times of the year. On this Gratituesday, I am thankful for this time of year.

-Julie

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in VA and loved apple season there! Now that we're farther south, there's less fall and no apple orchards close by, but I still stock up on apples from the grocery store so I can bake all my favorite treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did this as a child and now my children look forward to it as well soon my we will take my grandbaby to the orchard for the first time as well

    ReplyDelete