Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Serving Others


I am so excited to be participating in Gratituesday this week! There are so many things that I am grateful for. Today, I am thinking about how grateful I am that the Lord opens doors for my family to serve.


We have had many serving opportunities through our church. One of my favorite serving opportunities was when our church went to an underprivileged community and put on a “day of fun” for the children and residents. This was the 3rd year for this event for our church, but the first time that my family was able to participate. Our whole family went to the event including our two toddlers. The little ones were there to make friends and play with all the kids. It was a great opportunity for our kids to learn at an early age to serve others.

The preparation began weeks in advance. The church members were asked to donate stuffed animals and books for the children. Each child at the event received one of each. We brought with us games and inflatable bounce houses. My job was to make snow cones and popcorn. Others served hot dogs and lemonade. Manicures were available for the teenage girls. This year, we had a wonderful turn out. In two hours, we served 400 snow cones and at least that many hotdogs. It was awesome to see the smiling faces of so many children having fun!

I am so grateful for opportunities to serve.

-Robin

Enter our Easy Daysies giveaway here!


Please join us on Thursday for Thrifty Thursday! Link your thrifty ideas here and share with everyone!

1 comment: