Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thrifty Thursday - Home Haircuts


Welcome to another Thrifty Thursday! We hope you are enjoying our ideas and will come and share yours as well!

Another way we save money at our home is by cutting the boys' hair at home. A one time investment in shears (and we purchased additional combs at the local beauty supply store to allow for longer cuts), and haircuts are then free! These are pretty much fool proof if you use a guide. We cut our son's hair and I help my husband when he changes to his "summer cut." That saves us more than $20 per month since short hair needs to be cut pretty often!

I used to trim my daughter's hair as well, until it thickened up on me. I haven't become brave enough yet to attempt cutting the mass of hair she has now, but who knows what the future might hold?

Do you cut your children's hair? Share your thrifty tips with us! Details to join can be found here.

-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment