Monday, June 29, 2009

Homemade Thin Mints

Has your Girl Scout cookie stash disappeared? Did someone find the secret hiding place? My personal favorite are the Thin Mints. Luckily, I found a recipe a few years ago that allows me to make my own Thin Mints at home!

For Menu Plan Monday, I thought I would share my secret:

1 pkg. Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1 sleeve Ritz crackers


Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir in the peppermint extract. Dip in the crackersand coat on both sides. Place on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper and place in the fridge to set the chocolate (or put them in your garage if you're in the Midwest and its winter - which is what I do at Christmas - brrr).

They are fantastic and very addictive. Enjoy!

-Julie

1 comment: