"We" are Robin (a Physicians Assistant turned Southern SAHM of two young children) and Julie (an English Teacher turned Midwestern Mom of two school-aged children). We also happen to be sisters-in-law who have a lot in common -- most importantly our dedication and devotion to our families and the future.
We both came from strong families and are blessed to have wonderful examples of motherhood in our lives. We realized that we had learned many things from our own mothers.
- We learned the importance of compassion and patience.
- We learned the value of a strong education.
- We learned that family time is sacred.
- We learned that you should not jump in front of the stove when Mom is baking a cake.
- We learned that sometimes Mom hides in the bathroom just to get away.
- We learned that the most precious gifts are handmade.
- We learned that Mom is always right!
When you look up the word "brilliant" in the dictionary, you will find:
1. shining brightly; sparkling
2. distinguished; illustrious
3. having or showing great intelligence, talent, quality, etc.
Our goal is to be Brilliant Moms and embody these qualities. We hope that our children always see the sparkle in our eye when they enter a room. We hope to be wonderful partners to our husbands. We hope to be shining examples in our community. We hope to use our intelligence and skills to better our families, our neighborhoods, our lives.
We hope that you will join us on this journey and learn that you are a Brilliant Mom, too.